Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I may not be there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday. (My weight loss journey)

It's been a long time since my last post, and I am glad to be back! And I am here to share with you my unexpectedly amazing journey while I was gone. :)


THE FIRST STEP YOU NEED TO DO IS TO ACCEPT AND LOVE YOURSELF, AND EVERYTHING ELSE WILL FOLLOW. 

If you don't love yourself now, how can you say that you will love yourself in the future? Stop hating yourself and just decide to live a life of acceptance. If you're ready to live this kind of life you can now begin your journey to a lasting healthy relationship with yourself and your body
_________________________________________________________________________
                                                     
Weight has always been a big problem to me. I've been big (tall, wide and huge) ever since I was a kid. I can't really remember a time that I wasn't overweight. Though I never had a problem with that because I am not the type of person who hates herself because of the way she look. I actually love myself even if my friends called me names. And maybe because I love myself, I finally realized that I needed to treat my body right.                                       


Last year (2013) I stepped on a scale and read the biggest number I had ever seen: 268 LBS. I never thought that I can be big like that. So I decided to lose some weight.

(You can even check my old posts for more pictures haha)

And yes, I did lose some weight in an unhealthy way because of fad diets. And because I lacked motivation and inspiration I started not to eat right again and stopped exercising and immediately went back to my old weight (or even more).

You see, I had a lot of minor attempts to lose weight, but slowly I started making changes in my life. I learned how to do calorie counting and started working out and doing cardio (zumba) thrice a week. I also applied healthy eating like cutting way back on eating fast food, fried and foods that are high in calories and added more fruits, veggies, lean protein and good fats. I also learned that it's not good to deprived yourself, you can actually eat anything you want as long as you have moderation. So sometimes I also eat unhealthy foods (hehe) Hey! You only live once right? So might as well enjoy it! 

So here is my updated picture now:                        



I am currently 170 lbs and still on my way to my goal weight! I know it may seem impossible but nothing worth it ever comes easy right? So if you just stay positive and focus on your goal nothing will ever be impossible. It's amazing whenever I look back on my old pictures or my journey itself, it was one hell of a ride. But if I can do it, I am very much sure you can too! 

Height: 5'9
Highest Weight: 268
Current Weight: 170
Goal Weight: 140lbs

Keep on smiling,xx
Shahara

13 comments:

  1. oh wow!!!
    that is like a massive big change in you!
    i think i better go sign up zumba now
    saw that it's pretty impressive

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're better today than yesterday!!
    Keep it up Shabooo!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so amazing dear! such an inspiring post.



    I AM ALSO ON: Instagram @kennydaily, Bloglovin and Facebook (i follow back, just let me know your links)


    xoxo;
    What Kenny Hearts a Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done hun - inspires me to get my arse in gear too. Fitness and healthy eating is the way to go :)

    Jx

    http://suprajen888.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I love this post so much!! It's like a motivation for me to continue to maintain my workouts and healthy eating. Wow. That's a really big change! Now I really feel like nothing is impossible as long as you set your mind and heart right :)) Thank you so much for such an inspiring post!

    I love your blog. I'm following you too! :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so overwhelmed whenever people tell me that I inspire them. Thank you so much! Goodluck on your journey! And looking forward for more of your amazing blogs! <3

      Delete
  6. So inspiring!! - you have such a pretty smile!! :))

    sisepuedee.blogspot.dk
    -Milla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, darling. :) Congratulations! I bet you can reach your target weight in no time. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, you look amazing! glad you were able to adopt those healthy habits and stick to them!! i actually just started working out more and i've already noticed that i have more energy. you're definitely inspiring :)

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my god!!!!!! You really hit me with this post. :"D You're very inspiring! Thank you for sharing this post. You look awesome now despite of you still got a way to your weight goal. I'm 5'4 and I need to be 120lbs but I'm 30lbs over and it takes me more than three years to even lose only 6 lbs D: I barely exercise nowadays thanks to my final year papers and works and it's just a poor excuses. And weight is fluctuating. Now after seeing you, I'm all motivated to give it all and I hope I can get into shape and be more healthy. Thank you for this post and for the comment :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you feel! Busy sched makes you slip sometimes on your goals! But that's fine just remember to get back on track and you will then get used to it! Goodluck and have a healthy life ahead! <3

      Delete
  10. Awesome!! You worked hard to achieve your goal, well done! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I am sooo happy for you! :D :D I've struggled in my weight also. I find it so interesting that we almost did the same thing during our weight loss journey! I also did calorie counting (I bet you know MyFitnessPal app! I do 1200 calories a day, then put it up to a 1500 when I was already losing a couple of pounds), I do Zumba and Body Combat at Gold's Gym thrice a week, and just like you, I also didn't deprive myself that time. I was happy while doing it. <3 I lost 35 pounds. You almost lost a hundred! I can't explain how happy I am for you because I know what it feels like! Congratulations and goodluck on your goal weight! <3 You can do it! :)

    By the way, I don't really want to plug any links here, but you might want to also check my weight loss story I uploaded on Youtube! :D ---- http://youtu.be/sj9PSREZMbw

    Take care! x

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone, thank you for visiting my blog and I hope you're having a great time reading my posts! I would really appreciate if you're going to leave a comment so I would know that you dropped by and I can check you blog back! I read every comment and reply as much as possible :)

Once again, thank you and have a great one! <3
Shahara,xx